September 21, 2011

Norwegian Wood



I saw the trailer for the screen adaptation of Murakami's novel Norwegian Wood the other day when I went to see Beginners for the second time (which I loved even more the second time around) and can't wait for the release now. I read one of Murakami's other novels Dance Dance Dance in the holidays and quite enjoyed the tone of the book. The writing style was ever so simple, however it held a scent of elegance within it that I really appreciated. I've never been too much of a fan of the embellished works such as Dickens and his companions. I'm leaving for Phuket in a couple of hours and will hopefully pick up a copy of Norwegian Wood to read while I'm over there. The film looks heartbreaking albeit very very promising, and anything with The Beatles in the score is bound to be at least decent.

No comments :

Post a Comment