July 02, 2014

The Highline Part Two

C004618-R2-17-18_1C004618-R2-18-19_1C004618-R2-20-21_1C004618-R2-21-22_1
All the photos I've been uploading recently are from a year ago when I was adventuring around New York City. I guess my life then was completely different to now. I was just about to enter my final semester of my undergraduate degree and, like many arts graduates, very unsure about the next step. Several options lay out ahead of me, all with tempting realities at the end of the line but ultimately I decided to study law - a course that I thought was the sensible choice but would bore me to death. Fast forward one year later and it is the best decision I ever made. Yes, it's the typical 9am and you're in your business suit job but there is something about it that is fascinating. I guess it's the way that communities organise themselves, the way that people communicate and the scary reality that the law really isn't black and white and in fact all situations have to be considered closely because good people make bad choices sometimes. I'm writing this from my petit apartment in Japan where I have begun to get excited about life again - a feeling that had hit a bit of a stalemate over the past two years. I've begun my application for exchange in Berlin, and drawn up plans to spend a summer with old friends in France. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have developed my photographs from this trip. Japan is a truly amazing place filled with the loveliest of people and I hope to return in the very near future.

No comments :

Post a Comment