January 09, 2014

twenty fourteen

C004618-R4-17-18_1C004618-R4-16-17_1C004618-R4-23-24_1C004618-R4-24-25_1C004618-R4-14-15_1C004618-R4-11-12_1C004618-R4-23-24_1
Photos from around Newbury Street in Boston, June 2013 

So, here's a little update from me: over the past couple of months I have graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Political Science from the University of Western Australia. I have gone on to accept a place in their Juris Doctor program for 2014 (or in other words, a masters level Law degree). The decision to continue studying was a difficult one, a part of me felt ready to move on to the world of full time work but the other half knew (or should I say knows) that Law is right for me and I should be patient with it. My last semester was by far my hardest- there were several moments when I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish the semester in time but alas it is all done and dusted. The summer has brought great opportunity- I am currenty undertaking an internship at the Perth International Arts Festival in the Film Program which has me doing odd tasks here and there throughout the week. It also has the very big perk of being able to watch all the films in the program (I was meaning to write reviews of them all but I just haven't gotten round to it yet...) and being able to soak up what its like working in a festival environment. I am also working near full time hours at my current job (Hunt Leather) so fitting everything in has been difficult, but rewarding. I could go on for hours about everything that has happened- but they are the main details. Oh and I rewatched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind last night for the first time in a couple of years- man I can't even begin to explain how fantastic that film is.

No comments :

Post a Comment