March 27, 2011

Sufjan Stevens

Photobucket(source; google images)

The night that I came home from Brisbane one of my favourite modern artists, Sufjan Stevens was performing in Perth at the Regal Theater. I'd been looking forward to this concert for months and it certainly didn't disappoint. He played the entirety of his latest album The Age of Adz as well as old favourites such as Chicago and To Be Alone With You. He didn't play much of his folk favourites, which I was anticipating but nevertheless it was a good concert.

The next day I was off to a Arts Camp. Arts Camp is a fresher camp for all the first year University students who intend to study Arts. It practically involves no sleep, drinking games and all things teenagers do. I won a skull-off competition against someone in dread-locks in front of the whole camp and almost died of bloatation (well, not really) during the boat races. All in all it was a fun three days which made me super excited for the commencement of uni.

In the days that I returned, I received some horrible news that kept me in hibernation for most of February. I won't go into too much detail here, and those of you who know me already know the severity of the matter. I feel like I've gotten through it now, by keeping focus on many of the other things in my life and with the help of some amazing friends that I have. However I think it will be something that i'm going to have to deal with for the rest of my life. I think there will be days when i'll struggle to get through, but that's life. And the whole situation made me realise just how amazing my friends really are.

No comments :

Post a Comment