June 16, 2010

Day 1: Châteaux Villandry

DSC_0036DSC_0052DSC_0056DSC_0068DSC_0077DSC_0098DSC_0106DSC_0126DSC_0127
(source;me)

Warning; this blog is going a bit tourist-y for the next few posts as it's châteaux time!

These snaps are from a month ago when I went to a small town called Tours for the weekend. It's situated approximately half way between Paris and Bordeaux, and is surrounded by many amazing castles. I took the TBC train after school late one Friday, which took about 2 and a half hours, listening to the latest Glee soundtrack the entire way and staring onto the beautiful French countryside. When I arrived at my host mothers mothers house (where I was staying for the weekend) I crashed almost immediately, in preparation for a busy weekend ahead.

Day one, we walked around the city of Tours in the morning (it's beautiful, and nothing like Bordeaux) and in the afternoon we visited Villandry- ohmagawd it was amazing. These photos don't give it any justice, pas du tout ! These are possibly the best gardens in the world, and if you happen to be travelling to France anytime soon, you must by and visit.

No comments :

Post a Comment