March 31, 2010

Les Fleurs du Mal

DSC_0161
(source;me)

Currently, in my Français Litterature class (they spell Literature with two l's in French) we're studying Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du Mal. So I found and ordered a copy of the book off Amazon which has the English translation along with the parallel French text. It's made studying quite a lot easier, and helped me appreciate Baudelaire's poetry. In other news, I have a 2009 film summary in the works (it's taken me some time) as well as a summary of the many films that I have seen in the past month. I'm slowly writing short reviews for them all in the midst of trying to learn a language and immerse myself in the French life. I've also starting paying attention in class, and the workload is doubled for me because I have to translate everything aswell as learn it. March has been slow, my fellow exchange student friend Sarah is coming down in two weeks, so I can assure you much more updates then as i'll have a photography buddy! It will also be vacances, thus more time to do shiz. For now, Bisous.

2 comments :

  1. hope your having an awesome time! happy easter xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. currently reading 'le petit chose'- alphonse daudet and struggling with the archaic french :S. a copy of the english translation might be worth investing in hahah

    bet you can't wait for holidays!!! bonnes vacances!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete